Friday, June 29, 2007

Good Samaritan

Well preaching again is slowly approaching. July 15th is the day! I picked it randomly and ended up with the Good Samaritan as my text. I was pretty shocked when I read it. Everyone loves this story and it's pretty easy to preach about. Which means that I want to preach about something new and different. But how far can we really go with this text? I don't want to go so far that I've come up with something silly but I do want to stretch it.
After talking with a friend about it we came to the conclusion that there are very few "Samaritans" today. There aren't too many people who we consider outcasts.
I think this is very true but at the same time "we" as a society might not like to outcast people but we as individuals do it all the time. It's sad really how much hate or dislike a lot of us have in our hearts. These are just the thoughts I'll be pondering as I dig my way through my text for the next couple weeks!

No comments: