Thursday, June 7, 2007

Day Off




I have the day off today! I'm pretty excited because I've been working my butt off and I really do want some time to myself to just chill out and watch TV. I decided to take a walk downtown and find some fun places to hang out. I started out on my little walk and took some pictures as I went. I was really looking for this place called "Coffee By the Book." I didn't know if it was a coffee shop or a book store. Turns out it's a book store that has internet (yay!) and drip coffee which I can live with because it's very cheap. I signed up for a membership so I can drop in and drink coffee and use internet whenever I want! Woohoo.

So here's how my week has been going. I spent Monday and Wednesday at the hospital visiting congregation members. Wow. This is my first experience with Pastoral Care and it's been very eye opening. I know that when I actually have to do my CPE I won't be visiting people that I know or know their whole back story before I want into the room so that makes a little bit of a difference. I'm happy to be meeting and helping people and I have walked out of a few rooms holding back tears but I keep thinking something that a very wise friend said to me, my grief takes away from their grief and it's really about them. She was very right. So I've held myself together and pushed on.

I'm preaching on June 17th and I'm very excited!! I sat down with my committee for my SM210 yesterday and talked with him about how they can help me and how they can pay attention to my sermons and what to be looking for. I have such a wonderful group of people working with me! I know I'm going to learn a lot.

So far, so good. I don't have any SM210 griefs so I consider myself lucky! I hope everyone is doing well.

Above are some pictures of the church, my apartment and the town.

No comments: