Wednesday, July 25, 2007

Preaching out of control!!

So this week I am all alone in the office. Jeff is out of town and won't be back Sunday so I have to do everything on my own. I'm not too worried though. I got to looking at the scriptures and found that I have "The Friend at Midnight" from Luke. I realize that I will have done 2 Luke sermons but Jeff always does his from the Letters or the OT so we've sort of gotten into a rhythmn. I'm actually pretty excited about my sermon because I think I'm going to talk about Les Meserables!! Now if you know me you know that Les Meserables is one of my favorite books/stories. I love it. I'm going to use it as my illustration to go along with the ask, seek, knock moral of the story about prayer. Hopefully I can work it in there well.

So my last sermon is coming up! August 12th in two weeks is the last time I'll be preaching and I do not think I am going to preach the lectionary. I think I am going to dedicate the last two weeks of my internship to putting together a great last sermon. I have thought long and hard about what it might be and I think I've decided on Ruth. Truthfully Ruth is one of my favorite books of the Bible. Simply because it is just so beautiful and full of true dedication and love. I have a good friend who is getting married next year and she has asked me to do the wedding. I think I'd just love to preach about Ruth then as well. I've also been asked to preach at my home church! I'm so excited. My family is going to be there with me and I can't wait to share this experience with them.

Well back to the grind, I'm baking cupcakes today for my Bible Study tonight! Two more weeks and then I'm back to Jacksonville!

No comments: