Monday, July 16, 2007

In the news...

So many of you might know that I read the news a lot. When I worked for Starbucks I got the paper for free which was amazing but now that I am a poor student I have to read the news online. So I frequent AOL.com and CNN.com everyday browsing through the latest headlines. I read just about everything I can find from entertainment to world news to people dying on amusement park rides. I have a love for the news, especially news online because it's fast and easy.

Today I have a few comments on the headlining stories. Because I've read them all 2 or 3 times each and I'm struggling with how frustrating some of them are!

First, the Archdioceses of Los Angeles (Catholic Church) is about to shell out $660 million dollars to 508 people who are victims of clergy abuse. 508 people is about 508 too many people! I'm so amazed and bewildered as to how this happened. They even interviewed a random Catholic woman who said she is seriously reconsidering whether clergy should be allowed to marry because of this. The Catholic Church doesn't bother me. I mean I've been to several services and a couple weddings and yeah they're different and they have a whole bunch of rules that probably aren't necessary but at the same time, Catholics don't bother me. This bothers me though. It makes me sad. It makes me look at my chosen profession and think that I have it easy in some ways.

Second, the Phillies have become the only sports team in history to lose 10,000 games. Not nearly as severe as the clergy story but then again if you're a Phillies fan...

---> Side note the other day I met a guy with the last name Bowden. I was with Jeff. The minute Jeff said his last name I lit up like a Christmas Tree, Jeff laughed so hard. The guy totally did not get the reference but it was still the funniest thing EVER!

Third, the new Harry Potter movie made a lot of money over the weekend. Is anyone surprised? I saw it last Thursday it was great! I liked the 4th one the best so far but this one was still good. I caught an interview with Daniel Radcliff last night on Larry King he seems to hope he'll be in for the last two movies. Me too. Why stop now? I think a ton of people would be REALLY mad if they ditched him so I say keep him. If they're going to keep the other two they may as well keep him!

Fourth, Isaiah Washington has a new show (Formally, Dr. Preston Burke). I'm glad for him it's time to move on past this whole mess but it does bother me a lot the things that he's saying about his career on Grey's. Get over it. You screwed up big time and then you had the chance to come back and you screwed up again. You're out Buddy! I'm not surprised the fired him, I am sad about Christina and Burke's wedding :(

Fifth, I can't stand Elizabeth Hasselbeck!!! She is my new Kelly Ripa! One of my roommates in college used to watch Regis and Kelly every morning before class and man Kelly drove me insane. Kelly officially does not bother me anymore, Elizabeth Hesselbeck is my new annoyance on TV. That girl really rubs me the wrong way!!! I can't say that I'm a huge Rosie O'Donnell fan. You know I like her and she's liberal so I like that but she does say some pretty harsh things. So this is not an Elizabeth vs. Rosie thing here. I really just do not like Elizabeth.

In other news Lindsey Lohan is out of rehab! Whew! I was worried. Britney Spears bought a new dog....why does she need dogs? She has two kids. I'm just saying....that's a lot of work.

Prayers to Japan! They suffered a major earthquake!

1 comment:

aubreyjean said...

Lindsey Lohan is also playing a girl named Aubrey in her next movie. Yet another reason to skip that one...

And do you love Daniel Radcliffe in his interviews? He's funny. If you have a chance check out his appearance on Conan...it's on YouTube, I was dying the night it came on!