Monday, July 23, 2007

Harry Potter and the Bane of My Exsistance.

Of course as you all know the final Harry Potter book has come out and within 10 hours of it's release it was already causing me problems.

I am not a Harry fan. I've seen all the movies and I like them but I haven't read any of the books. Well I take that back. When the first book came out many years ago my mom bought it for my sister who didn't read it. But mom read it and loved it so she made me read it and I did not love it. I don't really like fantasy that way. So I have yet to read any of the other books. Sorry everyone who is very disappointed in me!

I think Harry is great though. I mean great for kids. All the adults out there who are flipping out over it, calm down. One of my favorite TV shows "Best Week Ever" said it pretty clearly when they said that adults are ruining Harry Potter for kids. I totally agree. Especially the adults who stood me up Saturday morning to read instead of meet with me over something really important. Oh did I mention they called me 20 minutes AFTER the time we were supposed to meet to tell me they were reading instead? Yeah, so uncool.

So I went to Wal Mart, picked up the book and read the Epilogue. Don't worry I'm not going to spoil it for you!! Geez I'm not that mean but I am just going to say remember ADULTS it's a KIDS book. Name one Fairy Tale that has ended tragically! People have spent months and months wondering if Harry was going to die, if Ron was going to die, bla bla bla I just don't think it's worth it to worry that much! It's a kids book!

Alright I'm done I'm not going to ruin anything for anyone. Happy reading to all of my friends who have dedicated their lives to this book. Sorry it's finally over and you'll never be able to buy a book at midnight again. But there are still two movies to come out! That should help you feel a little better.

No comments: