Tuesday, September 2, 2008

It's already my thrid year....

My third year of seminary begins this week and I must admit I'm pretty excited. I can't believe I've been doing this for over two years now and I'm moving into my third. Many things are going to change and many new adventures are coming my way.

Over the summer I barely had time to breath much less write a blog, plus I'm terrible at writing blogs. I've always been bad about keeping journals and things like that but I love to write. Every time I sit down to write something I say to myself, "Self, you love to write so write it out." But nothing comes into my mind and I always end up skipping it for the day which turns into a week. I used to write short stories but the truth is I feel like I had inspiration back then. Now I feel like I have so much going on around me all I want to do is live it, not write it. I have this ridiculous fantasy somewhere in my head about being a writer I guess.

Upon returning to Atlanta I immediately established a large gaping hole in my chest. This is for several reasons. 1. All of my closest seminary friends have moved on with their lives and graduated. Some are going to really far off places and some aren't too far away but they are all still gone. 2. I actually physically left my heart in Jacksonville where I did my internship. Pieces were scattered along the halls of the hospital with the patients that I grew to love. There were also pieces left in my chair at the dinner table. Spending that much time with my family made me realize how much I truly love them and reminded me how hard it is to be so far away from them. Finally, a large chunk is in the hands of my wonderful boyfriend, Chris. I go to bed every night wondering how I got this lucky to have found such an amazing person to be my partner through this journey of mine. I've never had someone care about me so much and I have thanked God ever single second for his presence in my life. He's amazing and words can't describe what a great relationship we're building with each other.

I'm starting to meet new students and I'm loving being back on campus.

More later....blessings....

No comments: