Wednesday, October 10, 2007

Favorites....

Here are some of my current favorite quotes that seem to be applying to my life:

"He who controls others may be powerful, but he who has mastered himself is mightier still” --Lao Tzu

"Only a person open to others can commune with, relate to or build up another person. Openness is the mark of the spirit. Being-in-openness is being in freedom, being capable of the love the transfigures the whole universe." -- Leonardo Boff

"I may be loves bitch but at least I'm man enough to admit it." -- Joss Whedon

"Real loss is only possible when you love something more then you love yourself." --Good Will Hunting

"Destiny is something we've invented because we can't stand the fact that everything that happens is an accident." --Sleepless in Seatle

"When you realize you want to spend the rest of your life with someone you want the rest of your life to start as soon as possible." --When Harry Met Sally

"A life without love is no life at all." --Leonardo DaVinci

"Be kind for everyone you meet is fighting a harder battle." --Plato

"Nothing can bring you peace but yourself." --Ralph Waldo Emerson

"She loves me for the best reason of all...no reason at all." --Jack

"If we could live without passion maybe we'd know some kind of peace but we'd be hallow. Without passion we'd truly be dead." -- Joss Whedon

"Purpose doesn't last and regret can burn a hole through any happiness." --Irv

"Love isn't brains, it's blood." --Joss Whendon

"Anything that's going to be good is going to have a struggle." --P.Diddy

These are words of wisdom that I've collected through the years but at the same time they all apply to a relationship I have right now in my life. It's funny how blind people are to who they are and how much these words are needed. If I could put blinking lights around some of these quotes I would and big arrows pointing at them for certain people. Especially the one from Good Will Hunting.

No comments: